How brave are you? Have you ever dreamed of taking off and traveling to a new and exciting place?
I’m here to tell you that it’s possible and I did it. I just got back from a solo travel trip to India for 3 weeks and I would do it again in a heartbeat ❤
There are many benefits to traveling solo and I’d like to share what I found with you.
- It’s empowering. You gain self-confidence very quickly and your world opens up even more, literally. Not only that your common sense becomes greater
- TIME. You have it all to yourself and it’s what everyone dreams about having more of. There is no need to share an agenda, you can sleep, eat and do what you want when and where you want. You also have the time to reflect on your life and discover things about yourself you never even knew. It’s a great time for personal growth and development
- Teaches you patience and flexibility in unexpected situations and you become more accepting of others and their way of living. Your mind and heart opens up to the Universe
- Your problem-solving skills will sharpen even more. Getting around town becomes a fun challenge on your own and suddenly you are listening to your intuition more, I also became more spiritual
- You gain a new perspective on life and become grateful for everything you have
- You love those around you even more
- You begin to lower your expectations of how things should be and learn to go with the flow more. Your positive energy attracts positive people
- I found people to be very approachable with me and I was to them. I was being treated like I was some kind of celebrity for the first time! I received many freebie things like food along the way, great conversations, advice of what to see in the area. Very friendly people are out there, you just need to flash a nice smile sometimes 😉
- You gain respect and admiration from those around you for your courage and if you have kids, you are setting a good example for them because they see that anything is possible if you want it bad enough
- You make wonderful memories with wonderful people around the world and nobody can take this experience of a lifetime away from you
There will always be some people who will try to deter you from traveling solo but you have to remember they are projecting their fears on you. Some said “you are a single woman” (yes), “it’s going to be dangerous” (how do they know), “you should go with someone, not alone” (that defeats the entire purpose of solo travel). My response, I booked my tickets, packed my bags excessively and boarded the 14 hour flight from Toronto, Canada to Delhi, India on January 1st, 2016. What a great day and way to kick off 2016!
For me, this was a trip of healing for personal reasons and it was to see my close blogging friends that I have a strong connection with in person who are all over India. Piyusha, Shambhavi, Bhavya, Darshith, Neerja, Dinesh, Chandrajit, Srinath, Kriti and many others I couldn’t meet were the many reasons I had to go. I felt like the Universe aligned and brought me to WordPress so I could write my thoughts and feelings out there and attract such amazing people into my life. Then it was so generous to give me this opportunity to travel and meet everyone in person, making our connections stronger than ever. I am so grateful and if I can say one thing, I will say this; listen to your wants, not everyone else’s around you because it’s your life, not theirs. At the end of the day, you need to live it.
How was it?
Amazing, inspiring, life changing, delicious, fun and a must for everyone to do once in their lifetime. India is a beautiful place to go and heal your soul because it’s a spiritual and peaceful place but at the same time a chaotic one that not only changes your mind but also your perspective on life for the better. This was my way of pushing the “reset button” or “refresh button” on my life so I could come back home and continue to help others and myself in a healthier way.
One of the most beautiful things I learned from life is that in order to find yourself, you need to lose yourself first. And sometimes in the middle of nowhere is where you end up finding yourself, for me it was in India. By listening to your intuition it will give you answers but in order to hear it you need to get quiet and alone because it’s only a whisper inside you. Reflecting on this will guide you in the best possible direction that is right for you and that’s called soul speak, which is the beauty of solo travel.
So much love to everyone in India, thank you for the visits and memories and because of WordPress this was made possible. I’d like to change the name to WorldPress, FriendPress, LovePress, FunPress, DreamPress, InspirationPress, I think you get the idea….
Much love to you,